Thursday, February 15, 2007

Quick Mediterranean Diet Menu



Here's what I had for lunch today. It was a beautiful day, with a very warm sun shining on our plates bursting with deliciously healthy Mediterranean food.

Our Mediterranean menu for today was light, vegetarian and really healthy. A quick and easy Mediterranean meal idea that anyone can try. It's perfect for a busy day.

The rice dish is Indian, but the spirit is Mediterranean. I cook it several times every week. It's very easy.

It took me about 45 minutes. And I am not a fast cook, I like to do things rather slowly. So here it is.

1. Escarole dressed with extra virgin olive oil to taste, salt and some drops of pressed lemon juice.

2. Simple Indian style rice with ghee/clarified butter and cumin.

3. Artichokes with vinaigraitte sauce.

4. 1 orange.

For the vinaigrette sauce: In a mortar, mash and mix with the pestle 1 scallion, 3 sprigs Italian parsley, 1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon capers, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and some drops of wine vinegar. Garnish each artichoke half with a black olive.

As I get the time I will publish those recipes on my Mediterranean diet web site. I already published a salad dressing recipe, or romesco sauce that is wonderful with escarole. It makes an incredibly delicious winter salad with a very special taste.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Add this article to your del.icio.us bookmarks

© Núria Roig,

Click for a treasure chest of authentic Mediterranean diet recipes

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home